Saturday, December 12, 2009

Whew!

Okay, so after fighting (figuratively, of course) with both Photobucket and Blogspot, I finally got my slideshow to look how I wanted it and be positioned where I wanted it.  All it took was for me to manually edit some HTML code.  And multiplying whole integers with fractions.  It was not easy.  But I'm fully enjoying the fruits of my labor!  Anyway...

Bath time tonight was interesting.  This is the first time I've given Wylie a bath completely solo.  Before, I've had people around who could fetch me things I'd forgotten to have right on hand (you know, like a towel, a clean diaper, pajamas, etc.) or to clean up for me while I started in on feeding him (dump the tub water, hang up the towels, throw out the dirty diaper, etc.).  It was also the first time that he hasn't peed in the bathtub.  (Score!)  So, the avoiding-forgotten-essentials thing was easily avoided: simply set things up well in advance of bathtime.  Okie dokie.  I got him undressed and into the tub no problem.  I also found that if I quick wash his face and then lay the warm washcloth over his crotch, he doesn't pee.  So I washed his hair and then simply wiped him down with warm water, foregoing the body wash, to keep his skin from drying out too much.  He seemed to really enjoy it too.  Yay!  Because let me tell you, the first time I bathed him after his umbilicus fell off, he screamed the whole damn time!  But now, he screams when I take him out of the bath.  I don't entirely understand why - the bathroom where we bathe him is really warm, no drafts and he goes right into his hooded towel.  Maybe he's just not ready to leave the bathtub yet?  Maybe he's just like his momma and he wants a nice leisurely soak in the tub?  Well, I'm not about to head down that road yet - I really don't want to clean poop out of the tub.  Yes, I hear that eventually, every kid poops in the tub.  Fine.  I just don't want to have to cross that bridge just yet.

Anyway, I got him bathed and changed without a hitch.  And as much as I hate Chad being gone and really wish that he was here to help me right now, I feel pretty okay about this last week.  I think it's been a good test run for when he's going to be gone again (end of January for about 10-14 days and then probably March or April for a good six months or more).  I'm glad that I don't just have to go cold turkey on this whole fake-single-mom bit, and I still have LOADS of respect for anyone who is raising a child (or, gasp, CHILDREN) on their own.  You are truly super stars!

Gads.  Lastly, I would just like to say, I sufficiently scared the crap out of myself tonight.  I sincerely enjoy watching shows like A Haunting, Ghost Lab, Ghost Whisperer, etc.  Well, Friday night tv really sucks since Psych is on a mid-season break (and is moving to a new night anyway) and so is White Collar, so I was flipping through the channels and I saw The Haunted on Animal Planet.  Usually these shows don't bother me all that much.  But this one in particular focuses on the effects of hauntings on pets.  WTF.  I don't believe my house is haunted (I do believe I've been in a legitimate haunted house before, I can write more about that another time), but I do believe that my cats are crazy.  For pete's sake, I have a cat on Prozac!  But it was eerie to here these people's descriptions of their pets behavior in the midst of the alleged hauntings.  I don't know - I can't really put my finger on it.  But suffice it to say I then watched an hour of That 70s Show and then kind of got roped into watching the first part of an informercial for this that kind of intrigued me in order to kind of clear my head.

Sidenote: That body shaper is intriguing because of the ad - I don't really think I need one just yet.  But I'm totally a sucker for advertising, I've decided.  It's a good thing I don't have an inexhaustible account - I'd buy tons of useless junk, I'm sure.  Thank God I'm smarter than that and don't have throwaway money!

Okay, I have to go get wrist-deep in poopy and feed the baby.  Good night all!

1 comment: