Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For...

Because I spent a lot of time wishing that the doctor would hurry up and call with the CT scan results.  But let me backtrack for a moment...

We finally got the CT scheduled for last Friday.  The first time, Wylie was SUPER pissed that his legs were weighted down and that I had to hold his arms above his head, so he screamed the whole time and they couldn't get a clear scan.  The doctor suggested that we could wait around until he fell asleep or we could schedule another appointment.  Well, he was looking pretty tired, so I agreed to wait.  I put him back in his stroller and we walked over to the vending machines so I could get a snack, because it was after lunchtime and I hadn't eaten yet.  By the time we got back to radiology and I'd finished my snack, he was asleep.  They turned down the lights and we got him back on the table.  He even raised his arms up all on his own!

So meanwhile, I've been waiting with baited breath for the doc to call with the results.  And the verdict is: the CCAM is still there.  Which means he will have to have surgery.  The next step is waiting for TriCare to approve the referral to the pediatric surgeon.  I will update as we learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment