Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Leaps and Bounds

Well, in the last few days, Wylie has started stacking up accomplishments. He started by first scooting backwards on his stomach. Then, he started to scoot forward on his stomach. Yesterday, I got him to sit, alone and unassisted, for 30 seconds. Today, he pushed up on his hands and knees for the first time ever. And then repeated to do so for, oh, an hour (off and on).

Which brings me to a great realization - I haven't childproofed. True, some of our cabinets already have the childproofing locks on them, but the plugs are a free-for-all, the table has tile on it, our video cabinets have sliding doors on them, and I haven't even begun to look for baby gates. Oy. Vey. I know that I need to look for mounted baby gates and not pressure-mounted baby gates because we have several stairs. I tried to look at my local Target, but they didn't have anything in store other than the pressure-mounted gates. So, I guess I better get a move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment