Meanwhile, back to the books. There are several chapter books that I enjoyed when I was younger. I know it'll be a while before I can enjoy these again with Wylie, but I got to thinking about them nonetheless. I just thought that I would share some of these with you because I always liked them.
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster (which was also made into a live action/animated film by Chuck Jones)
- The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- The Cricket in Times Square by George Seldon
- The Farthest-Away Mountain by Lynne Reid Banks
- I, Houdini: The Autobiography of a Self-Educated Hamster by Lynne Reid Banks
- The Indian in the Cupboard series by Lynne Reid Banks
- The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
- The Fudge Series by Judy Blume
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- The Sideways Stories from Wayside School series by Louis Sachar
There are more, I'm sure, but I just don't remember them right now. What chapter books did you enjoy when you were younger? Or which authors were your favorites?