Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Seven Quick Rants

One: I was bored the other day, so I clicked on the Next Blog >> link at the top of the page and read through some random blogs. But OMG you guys - do you have any idea how many running blogs there are? How many people need to blog about running? Is it really all that different? Or am I just ignorant? (Seriously, click the next blog link at the top of the page. Tell me how many running blogs you come across in 15 clicks.)

Two: Learn the different between there, their, and they're. They are not interchangeable. There is a preposition (it shows location). Their is possessive (my cat, their dog). They're is a contraction of they are. The same goes for your and you're. Your is possessive (my cat, your bird). You're is a contraction of you are.

Three: Punctuation is important. You wouldnt really want to read this blog if I never used any punctuation now would you see it all becomes one run on sentence and you cant separate the ideas punctuation serves a very important purpose you should try it sometime

Four: The rules of the road apply to bicyclists too. I'm pretty sure this is only a regional problem - God knows I never had the issue when I lived in Michigan. But nothing burns me more than when some idiot @$$hole on a bike disregards traffic laws, lights, signs, and courtesies. Guess what? I'm driving a car. In a battle of wills, I will ultimately win, and you will splat.

Five: Ads that are like 12 times louder than the program I'm watching. Thank God for DVR. I rarely watch live tv anymore.

Six: Inconsiderate people. The other day, I was in line at the grocery store. In the regular line, not my customary self-checkout line. This old lady in line in front of me had a big cart, but only three items. She loaded her three items on the belt and proceeded to turn her cart sideways to BLOCK ME OUT OF THE LINE. WTF lady? I had to move her cart and my cart, which was loaded to the brim and also had Wylie in his infant carrier seat in it. @$$.

Seven: The Sock Monster who lives in the dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment