Monday, March 8, 2010

I Like Dr. Watson

Well, since Wylie's doctor's appointment Thursday, we've had a little bit of diarrhea going on.  It's a reaction to the rotavirus vaccine, and it's pretty common.  Poor little guy has been just a little irritable though.  I mean, in comparison to some kids, he's still really easygoing.  But for him, he's a little irritable.  But that's not what I really wanted to write about.

Friday evening at 7:30 pm, I was getting dinner ready when my phone rang.  It was a number that belongs to someplace on post or at the clinic where we go, so I answered it.  Usually I don't answer phone calls from numbers I don't already have in my phone, but I did.  It was Wylie's pediatrician.  She said that she was making a note in his folder about his appointment and got to thinking that since he has a cyst in his lung, maybe he would benefit from getting the rsv vaccine.  She said that ordinarily, if we weren't on army healthcare, he wouldn't qualify for the vaccine because he's simply been too healthy.  Also, since he didn't go to the NICU, he didn't receive his first dosage at that time.  But she spoke to someone and had it preapproved so he's covered during RSV season.  She said that if we were on civilian insurance and wanted to have him vaccinated, we would have to pay for it out of pocket and they are $1000 each.  So that's pretty awesome that he's covered under TriCare.

Okay.  I think that's about it.  Kind of a lame post.  But there you have it.  I really like Wylie's doctor because she takes the time to think about things beyond the basics of the appointments.  And she works late!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment