Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Reasons Why I Don't Believe I'll Ever Truly Be an Adult

When I was getting ready to graduate from first high school and then college, the looming Adult World kind of freaked me out. I mean, my God, I'd have to pay bills! But in college, paying bills didn't seem to be such the Scary Event I thought it would be. But the biggest marker of adulthood, Paying Taxes, that STILL seems daunting. And do you know, I've never had to do my own taxes? My parents always had a CPA do theirs (at least as long as I can remember), and they still claimed me as a dependent while I was in college, ergo they did my taxes for me while I was in college. And then, when I was facing my first ever time to have to pay my own taxes, Chad and I got married. Thankfully, he took econ classes in the business college at WMU and knows about Accounting and Banking Things, so he's taken care of our taxes for me. As I was ruminating on this randomly, I started to think of reasons why I won't ever earn my Official Adulthood Membership Card. And so, I give you my list...
  1. I still watch cartoons.
  2. I still like to play games.
  3. I like to color.
  4. Sometimes my imagination gets the best of me. So much so, that
  5. I'm afraid of the dark (not all the time, and not truly, but every once in a while...)
  6. I want to skip dinner in favor of dessert (I don't actually do this because I know I shouldn't. But it doesn't stop me from really, really wanting to.)
  7. I could never have a Big Girl Job, working at a corporation or behind a desk.
  8. I have no idea how to choose a retirement plan (which is why I never started saving for my retirement while I was at HSD2. Oops!)
  9. I get distracted by bright colors.
  10. I still play video games.
There. Now that I've confessed my deepest, darkest secrets, what's one thing about you that isn't very adult like?

No comments:

Post a Comment