Monday, March 1, 2010

Why I Love the NoseFrida

A couple of weeks ago, Wylie had a really stuffy nose.  Like terribly stuffy.  As I put him to my breast to feed him, he pushed his head into me, sealing off his breathing for a split second.  That was all it took to put him into full meltdown mode.  I grabbed the bulb aspirator to clear out his nasal passages, but it barely fits into his little nostrils and it took Chad and I at least a full five minutes to get his boogies out so we could start calming him down.  And after all the work with the bulb aspirator, I pretty much just wound up picking his nose to get the boogers out.  This was a couple of days after I'd placed my order with Amazon.com for the NoseFrida.

The NoseFrida is a test-tube looking thing with a long piece of tubing attached.  The adult places the red piece in the mouth and the end of the test-tube looking part near baby's nostril.  Then you suck.  You don't have to invade the nose cavity, and there is absolutely no way that you can inhale the snot and boogers (if you look closely, you'll see a darker blue piece at the opposite end of the of the part you place against the nostril - that's a filter and it keeps anything from entering your mouth).

Now, let me just tell you that I just used the NoseFrida again this morning for like the 30th time since I bought it.  I was able to quickly clear Wylie's nasal passages of their morning accumulations without him twisting his head and jabbing himself in the nose with the bulb aspirator.  It's also much easier to clean - the long portion of the blue reservoir detaches from the end where the tubing is and you can easily run hot water through it.  You can also see when you've cleared all of the nose junk from it, as it's clear.  Lastly, you can change the little filter there easily as well to ensure you don't suck up snot and boogers.

I never want to hear my son crying and screaming the way he did that morning a few weeks ago.  It was awful, and it definitely shook Chad and myself up.  The $15 I paid for the NoseFrida (plus a couple extra dollars for extra filters to have on hand instead of having to order later) was totally worth it.  I know my son isn't snuffy and can breathe freely.  If you know someone who is having a baby or you have a baby yourself, I highly recommend it.  It's so much easier and safer to use.  Seriously.  I got mine through Amazon.com, but they also sell them online at Target and Babies-R-Us.  I guess that they also sell them in Whole Foods Market stores.  (Not too sure on that one though.)

Okay, that's my unsolicited product review.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment